"Keep your mind on the hole you're playing."
-- Tom Kite
I'm a marketing speaker - I am not a golfer, but the following bits of wisdom from former US Open champion Tom Kite contain value for you that you can apply way beyond the links...
- You can only play one hole at a time. That's the first step toward how to think like a pro. An important key to a successful game is staying in the present.
- Resist the urge to add it up. If you anticipate your score, you'll be distracted from the task at hand.
- Focus. Concentrate on hitting great shots rather than worrying about bad ones or what others will think.
- Visualize the ball going to your target. If your mind wanders, refocus and start over again.
- Don't worry about the shot you just missed, or how you're going to play the 18th. Taking care of the present lets the future take care of itself.