For professional speakers, consultants, coaches, independent professionals, and business owners, kickass public relations is often closer than you think.
It does NOT require an expensive PR firm or PR consultant - heck, it doesn't even take an expensive marketing coach - it just takes a simple public relations plan that you can execute yourself on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis.
10 can’t miss PR moves:
- Write a book and get it published (Self-publishing is great - and get Steve Weber's Plug Your Book to maximize its PR value)
- Write articles for any periodical, newspaper or magazine- (Contact editors to see what they want – they’re hungry for good content)
- Produce and distribute your own Audio PPT presentation with voiceover track using Camtasia and share it on Slideshare
- Stand out - quit looking and sounding like everybody else - have a contrarian perspective, a unique voice, and a strong opinion about your topic, industry, niche, and expertise
- Speak to any group that will listen to you; the more you speak, the more you speak!
- Hold a free teleconference and invite clients, prospects, and guests from the media (print, radio, bloggers, etc)
- Join the organizations that your target customers belong to – and actively participate, offer to be their PR liaison, write their press releases, become the face and voice of that organization
- Be a smart networker and network daily!!! (Never eat alone!)
- No boring business cards - no boring template websites - no aol or comcast.net email address - LOOK like a credible expert
- ASK!!!! Help, connections, and introductions are just 1 question away!
- (Bonus) Establish REAL relationships with journalists and reporters – they’ll ask YOU for help!
- (Bonus) Take a giant shortcut by using www.prleads.com - tell owner Dan Janal I sent you
- (Bonus) Comment on industry-leading blogs with insightful, valuable answers
- (Bonus) Do NOT ask a marketing speaker or marketing coach who can't count for advice on PR
p.s. If you'd like some personalized help - and your very own customized email and phone outreach tools, social media scripts, a killer email signature file, a polished referral blurb and more, check out the Small Biz Outreach Action Packs.