Are you are getting visitors, but Google Analytics are telling you that they are there one minute and gone the next? Getting traffic is only half the battle. Next you must convert them!
Here are some great ways to drive visitors AWAY!
1. Lose their trust right off by not having easy contact
2. Offer so many choices to your customer they simply get
overloaded and leave.
3. Make a visitor click 18 times (well, 3 or 4 anyway) to get to the meat of what you are offering.
4. Have a great freebie to offer and require them to fill out more information than necessary... (their first name and email address is probably enough).
5. Create a really unique navigation system which no one has ever seen before. Have them figure out how to use your new whiz bang system.
6. Have a whole paragraph of instruction on how to perform a simple action...like ordering!
7. Go ahead and put some links on the page to some of your favorite sites so they will have a good excuse to click off your site. Who knows, they might want to check the weather while they are on your site!
8. Put several thousand words of text on your home page.
9. You have a great site about fixing computers and you can't wait to show a picture of your new puppy on the home page. Go ahead and put the picture on your computer site's home page along with a description of how smart the puppy is!
10. Create as many blinking gifs as possible and paste them all over the page to really make it stand out. While you are at it, use something like red font on a black background. Doesn't that look cool!
Don't let yourself go down these wrong design roads. Keep your site simple and focused!
Check at my radio show for more Internet Marketing Dos and Don'ts:
Happy Internet Marketing to You!